Canihua, with a higher protein than its cousin quinoa, and a nutty very pleasant flavour, is a new alternative for superfoods consumers.
- High in protein: Canihua is an excellent source of protein, providing all the essential amino acids, making it a great option for vegetarians and vegans. Additionally, its high protein content makes it a great food for building and repairing muscles.
- Rich in fiber: Canihua is a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to promote digestive health and prevent constipation and other digestive issues.
- Gluten-free: Canihua is a gluten-free grain, making it a good option for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Canihua is a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which are important for overall health and a strong immune system.
- Low glycemic index: Canihua has a low glycemic index, meaning it does not cause spikes in blood sugar levels, making it a good option for people with diabetes or for those looking to maintain stable energy levels throughout the day.