Yacon is rich in FOS, fructooligosaccharides, a special type of sugar that is not easily digested and that ends up as soluble fiber. With a low-glysemic index, yacon is the perfect healthy alternative to traditional sugar sources. Available is dried soft or crunchy slices, powder or syrup, Villa Andina’s yacon es a perfect snack, smoothie input, or great to spread its syrup over fruit salads, pancakes, and others.
- Rich in FOS (fructooligosaccharides): Yacon is a good source of FOS, a type of sugar that is not digested by the body and can provide a low-calorie alternative to other sweeteners.
- Supports digestive health: The FOS in yacon can help regulate digestion and promote gut health by feeding the good bacteria found in the intestines.
- Low glycemic index: Yacon has a low glycemic index, making it a good choice for those looking to regulate their blood sugar levels.
- Supports weight management: The low-calorie and low glycemic index of yacon makes it a good choice for those looking to manage their weight.
- Versatile ingredient: Yacon can be consumed as dried slices, in powder form, or or as a syrup!
It is important to choose high-quality organic yacon products to ensure you are getting the full health benefits.
- Yacon syrup can be used as a sweetener in a variety of ways. It has a low glycemic index, making it a good alternative to regular sugar for those who are looking to reduce their sugar intake. It can be used to sweeten coffee, tea, smoothies, or as a topping for yogurt, pancakes, waffles, fruit salads, oatmeal.
- Yacon powder is made from dried yacon root, and it can be used as a natural sweetener in baked goods, added to smoothies or other recipes that call for sugar or sweeteners. It has a mild, sweet flavor and is a good source of fiber.
- Yacon slices are made by dehydrating the raw yacon root, and can be consumed directly as a healthy snack. They have a chewy texture and a slightly sweet flavor, making them a great snack option. Yacon slices can also be added to salads,used as a topping for oatmeal or yogurt, or added to your favorite trail mixes.
Overall, yacon is a versatile food that can be incorporated into many different types of dishes and recipes. Its natural sweetness, low glycemic index, and high fiber content make it a great choice for those who are looking to improve their diet and overall health.