Ancient tuber from the Andean highlands with traditionally renowned energy, fertility and hormonal balance properties; maca is a Peruvian pioneer superfood. Yellow, Red, Black or tricoloured maca are available in raw and cooked (gelatinised) powder form.
Junín, Huancavelica regions.
- Energy Boost: Maca has been traditionally used as an energy booster, and recent studies have found that it can improve physical and mental energy levels, especially in athletes.
- Improved Sexual Function: Maca has been used for centuries as an aphrodisiac, and recent studies have found that it may improve sexual function, especially in men with erectile dysfunction.
- Hormonal Balance: Maca is rich in plant compounds that have been shown to have a positive effect on hormones, particularly in women during menopause. It may also help to reduce symptoms of PMS.
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression: Some studies have found that maca can improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. It is believed that this may be due to its effect on hormones, as well as its ability to reduce oxidative stress in the brain.
- Improved Bone Health: Maca is a good source of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals that are essential for strong bones. Studies have found that maca can improve bone density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis, especially in postmenopausal women.
Enjoy maca as a supplement in , powder form, , and always consult with your healthcare provider before starting a new supplement regimen.