Consumed since pre-Inkan times, lucuma has proven nutritional properties that boost athletes’ performance. Follow this link to download the study carried out at the University of Food Technologies in Bulgaria on the Influence of Lucuma-Based Carbohydrates on Athletes.
Lucuma es an exquisite sweet superfood that can be incorporated into smoothies, as a natural flavour for ice-creams or pastry.
Cajamarca, Ayacucho and Huánuco regions.
- Energy source: Lucuma has a low glycemic index, which means it provides sustained energy compared to high glycemic index foods, which can cause a quick spike in blood sugar followed by a crash. This sustained energy release can be beneficial for athletes, especially during endurance activities.
- Nutrient dense: Lucuma is a good source of vitamins and minerals that are important for athletic performance, such as potassium, calcium, and iron. These nutrients help with muscle function and hydration, among other benefits.
- Antioxidant properties: Lucuma is a rich source of antioxidants, which help protect against oxidative stress caused by intense physical activity. This oxidative stress can lead to muscle damage, inflammation, and decreased athletic performance.
- Improved digestion: Lucuma has a high fiber content, which may help with digestion and gut health, which is especially important for athletes who engage in high-intensity activities.
- Reduced inflammation: Some studies have shown that lucuma has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation caused by intense physical activity. This reduction in inflammation can lead to improved athletic performance and recovery.
Lucuma fruit has a unique, exotic and delicious sweet taste! It can be added in powder form to prepare the most delicious ice cream, included in several dessert recipes and smoothies, as well as to prepare the most innovative cakes!