Camu-Camu is the fruit with the highest concentration of natural vitamin C found in nature. It is grown in the low amazonian rainforest, next to the Amazon tributaries rivers that overflow to cover the camu-camu trees during the rainy season, and naturally fertilised with the slit left behind after the flooding. Carefully harvested to maximise the concentration of Vitamin C, Villa Andina’s camu camu powder is the perfect booster for your smoothies.
- High in Vitamin C: Camu-camu is one of the richest known sources of vitamin C, with up to 60 times more vitamin C per serving compared to oranges. This high concentration of vitamin C can help support the immune system, skin health, and help protect against oxidative stress.
- Antioxidant properties: Camu-camu also contains antioxidants such as anthocyanins, which help protect against oxidative stress caused by free radicals, thus promoting overall health and wellness.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies have shown that camu-camu may have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help with reducing inflammation in the body, and as a result, improve overall health.
- Supports heart health: Camu-camu contains potassium which helps to regulate blood pressure and support heart health.
- Supports cognitive function: Camu-camu’s high concentration of vitamin C and antioxidants may help improve cognitive function and protect against age-related cognitive decline.
Camu Camu can be enjoyed in powder form to prepare delicious fruit juices, added to smoothies, sparkling water, as well as your favorite dessert recipes!